Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Finding Strength in Weakness as Saint Paul did? - Norman Chia

Saint Paul
A live session exploring how does the church find encouragement from the mystery of the cross. Sharing his faith threatening 'thorn in the flesh' experience, St Paul encourages the Corinthians to keep the faith by finding the power of God in the most unexpected places.
1 Co 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
2Co 12:8-10 Three times I besought the Lord about this, that it should leave me; (9) but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (10) For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment