Monday, July 14, 2014

The Covenant - Scott Hahn

The Covenant - Scott Hahn
Scott Hahn talks about the differences between a partnership and a contract, and the importance of the alliance in the history of salvation.

I discovered the profound significance of covenant making and the profound difference between covenant making and contract making, because most Americans assumed that contracts and covenants are the same, I know and I did. And it took me years of study and prayer and reflection and learning before I recognize the difference. And then a begin to recognize what difference the difference make, because it’s enormous.

As I began reading through the Bible in high school, I made a discovery, that it’s more than a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, it’s a covenant, it’s a covenantal bond and God, it seems, was never content to just simply leave us in some generic personal relationship, the language of the Covenant is the language of the Bible…

No comments:

Post a Comment